Orientation for New Asylees and Refugees
The Los Angeles County Office of Immigrant Affairs offers a monthly orientation for new asylees and refugees to help them navigate the services available for them and their families. We offer two separate virtual sessions: one in Spanish and one in English. The Spanish session occurs every first Thursday of the month and the English session occurs every third Thursday of the month, both from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The orientation covers important topics such as:
- How, where and when to obtain important documents
- Family reunification and travel outside of the U.S.
- Medical insurance and other health resources
- Permanent residence and the U.S. citizenship process
- Financial assistance and nutritional programs
- Your employment rights
- The U.S. educational system and other important benefits
The orientation is held online. Participants may ask questions during the presentation or during a Q & A session at the end. We protect your privacy! You will not be visible to other participants during the orientation.
Your pathway to LA! Register now.
For help with registration or any other questions, please contact us at (800) 593-8222, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and one of our counselors will gladly assist you.